Team Lead Landscaping
Descripción del trabajo
Here’s the deal: we’re awesome at taking care of our customers and providing exceptional residential and commercial lawn care and landscaping service. But that only happens because we have amazing people like you on our team. If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and lead a crew of landscapers, or you’re already successful at being a team lead, then we want to talk with you.
At Ground Guys, we’re more than just "the lawn guy." We’re a dedicated team of lawn care and landscaping experts that know how to make a great first impression. From the professional appearance of our crews to the attention to detail we give every job, we stand by our Neighborly Done Right Promise every time.
We began with a single vision shared between 10 brothers. Originally, we opened our doors as Sunshine Grounds Care in 1987. As time passed and more brothers joined in the project, it became a widely recognized brand built on the principles of excellent workmanship, customer satisfaction, and real care. We abide by the simple values outlined in
our company acronym "C.A.R.E.", which are: Customers first, Attitude, Respect, and Enjoy life in the process!
Here at Grounds Guys, we are looking for someone ready to take a step forward in their career as a Landscaping Team Lead. And as the company grows, you will have the opportunity to grow into a higher-level role as well.
Is this right for you?
Here are some things we’re looking for in a Landscaping Team Lead. If you identify with any of these statements, we want to speak with you right away, so make sure to apply immediately.
· You are passionate about serving others, including your crew, the customers, and the community.
· You love the business side of business and enjoy assisting with routing, quality control, and covering when the owner is out of the shop.
· Dealing with staffing issues is part of the job, and you take it on as a challenge to assist in retaining the best crews.
· You see customer service issues as an opportunity to turn every customer into a raving fan.
· You pride yourself on your communication and are exceptional at getting the work done no matter what it takes.
Your Responsibilities as a Landscaping Team Lead
- · Manage team of up to 6 people while performing services; motivate, coach, and mentor team
- Perform landscape maintenance duties, such as mowing, fertilizer application, weed control, aeration, spring clean-up, fall clean-up, trimming, mulch install, and pruning
- Operate a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to bed edgers, commercial mowers, blowers, dump trailers, chainsaws, line trimmers, and tillers
- Perform landscape enhancement activities such as mulch application, plantings, top soil application, lawn seeding
- Address clients' questions, comments, and concerns
- Prepare daily team performance reports
- Assist with employee recruiting and selection
- Current and unrestricted Driver's license with a clean record
- One year experience in this or a related field is required
- Previous leadership experience
- Willingness to work occasional (paid) overtime
- be able to lift up to 50 pounds to waist level and perform all other
- physical requirements associated with a position of this nature
How We Measure Success
· Attendance: Might sound basic, but it’s critical for the team lead to set the example in attendance for the rest of the team.
· Budget vs Actual Hours: Keeping jobs profitable is dependent on managing the time planned and spent at each job.
· Return Rates: You’ll ensure quality control to make sure it’s rare to ever need to go back to redo a job.
· Crew Retention: Ensuring a healthy team environment and keeping people accountable will help reduce turnover.
· Customer Retention: Building great relationships with each customer, and ensuring that they receive exceptional service, will keep them coming back.
· Full Utilization of Software & Processes: This helps make all the above possible.
Benefits & Pay
The pay range for this position is $20.00 to $24.00 per hour and is dependent on your experience as a lawncare or landscaping professional as well as in leading a team.
We know we presented a lot to you here and that’s because we’re looking to hire only the best. If that’s you, apply today. If you meet the requirements for the position, our system will schedule you for an interview immediately.