Team Lead - Grounds Maintenance
Descripción del trabajo
Here’s the deal: we’re awesome at taking care of our customers and providing exceptional residential and commercial lawn care and landscaping service. But that only happens because we have amazing people like you on our team. If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and lead a crew of lawn care professionals, or you’re already successful at being a team lead, then we want to talk with you.
At Ground Guys, we’re more than just "the lawn guy." We’re a dedicated team of lawn care and landscaping experts that know how to make a great first impression. From the professional appearance of our crews to the attention to detail we give every job, we stand by our Neighborly Done Right Promise every time.
Here at Grounds Guys, we are looking for someone ready to take a step forward in their career as a Landscaping Maintenance Team Lead.
Is this right for you?
Here are some things we’re looking for in a Landscaping Maintenance Team Lead. If you identify with any of these statements, we want to speak with you right away, so make sure to apply immediately. Keep in mind that we abide by the simple values outlined in our company acronym "C.A.R.E.", which are: Customers first, Attitude, Respect, and Enjoy life in the process!
· You are passionate about serving others, including your crew, the customers, and the community.
· You love the business side of business and enjoy assisting with routing, quality control, and covering when the owner is out of the shop.
· Dealing with staffing issues is part of the job, and you take it on as a challenge to assist in retaining the best crews.
· You see customer service issues as an opportunity to turn every customer into a raving fan.
· You pride yourself on your communication and are exceptional at getting the work done no matter what it takes.
You are a brand champion - of our culture, your skills and our staff!
Your Responsibilities as a Landscaping Maintenance Team Lead
· Manage the Field -
o You are quite literally the boots on the ground. You’ll be walking job sites, checking for quality control, and making sure equipment is maintained.
o The team looks to you to keep things organized. You’ll help structure the routes, manage the employee schedules, and keep the crew members organized and on task.
o The team looks to you for support. You find solutions for issues that come up among the staff. And you make sure that team members have the training they need.
o You ensure everything is wrapped up and set to go for the next day.
You are a technology/communications wiz - using our app at each site to report deficiencies and take great notes for your supervisor to follow up on - and brag on the team that your work has successfully completed.
How We Measure Success
· Attendance: Might sound basic, but it’s critical for the team lead to set the example in attendance for the rest of the team.
· Budget vs Actual Hours: Keeping jobs profitable is dependent on managing the time planned and spent at each job.
· Return Rates: You’ll ensure quality control to make sure it’s rare to ever need to go back to redo a job.
· Crew Retention: Ensuring a healthy team environment and keeping people accountable will help reduce turnover.
· Customer Retention: Building great relationships with each customer, and ensuring that they receive exceptional service, will keep them coming back.
· Full Utilization of Software & Processes: This helps make all the above possible.
Job Requirements for Landscaping Maintenance Team Lead
· Prior experience in the landscaping, lawn service, or similar service industries will be critical to lead a team.
· You will need to know your way around mowers, trimmers, Hedgetrimmers, etc. - how to operate plus preventative maintenance.
· If you don’t already have them, you must be willing to complete training to get all required certifications and licenses within 6 months, if required.
In addition, there are a few additional minimum requirements that are necessary to be considered for this position.
· Clean driving history with experience driving a trailer, pesticide license or equivalent, CLT or equivalent is an asset for sure.
Benefits & Pay
The pay range for this position is $24 to $28 per hour and is dependent on your experience as a lawncare or landscaping professional as well as in leading a team.
We know we presented a lot to you here and that’s because we??re looking to hire only the best. If that’s you, apply today. If you meet the requirements for the position, our system will schedule you for an interview immediately.